Friday, February 11, 2011

Senate Committee Moves Sonogram Bill on with Amendments

Thank goodness that our government will give a voice to those who can not speak for themselves. In the article I read that “The final bill requires physicians to offer pregnant women a sonogram at least 24 hours before an abortion, and the woman must be given the opportunity to see the sonogram image and hear a description of the fetus and its heartbeat, if it is present.” Many women are upset that they are more heavily burdened with the guilt. I have heard women claiming “my body, my choice” or “why should the government be able to control medical choices”,  sorry ladies  I can’t agree more about doing what I want with my body however after becoming pregnant my body is not mine alone.  I have to ask myself the reasons women get abortions, a rape or incest victim or medical reasons are clear to me which were covered in the amendments to the bill however I can not understand the other selfish reasons why women can be allowed to destroy a life just because it interferes with theirs.  I believe that people should take responsibility for their actions.  It is sad that the government has to step in or intrude to show people where their morals have gone and get involved in medical affairs but I know that someone needs to stand up for the unborn. http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-politics/senate-committee-moves-sonogram-bill-on-with-amendments-1244357.html

No comments:

Post a Comment